Shower Shield Water Barriers were designed with patient safety in mind. These affordable, disposable and easy-to-use water barriers cover and protect open wounds, reducing the risk of waterborne infections. Shower Shield improves clinical efficiency for inpatient care and gives patients the freedom to shower independently while receiving outpatient services.
· It provides a versatile way to protect wounds and medical devices from getting wet while showering
· Shower shield shower cover consists of a polyurethane film with acrylic adhesive
· Shower Shield is latex-free - safe for use on persons with latex allergies
· Clinically proven effective in keeping water away from the covered area while showering
· It is recommended that one should use the pad that most completely covers the dressing without allowing the adhesive to come in contact with the dressing
· Shower Cover dressing protectors gives patients many new options for personal hygiene
· Shower Shield comes in multiple sizes to fit varying needs
· Shower Shield is the safe, economical and versatile way to protect wounds and medical devices.
· Safe: Provides a barrier between wounds, dressings and shunts and more to protect from potentially dangerous moisture
· Economical: By eliminating multiple dressing changes, Shower Shield saves money
· Versatile: Available in varied sizes, Shower Shield covers virtually any body site needing protection from water
· Note: It should not come in direct contact with a wound. Always have a dressing over the wound when using Shower Shield
How to apply shower shield waterproof patch:
· Clean and dry area surrounding wound thoroughly.
· Make sure area to be covered has appropriate dressing. Shower Shield should not be allowed to come in direct contact with the wound.
· Clip any excess hair at the site. Shaving is not recommended. Always follow your physicians advice.
· Open poly bag and select appropriate size for application. Choose a Shower Shield bandage that is large enough to adhere to SKIN ONLY (not to wound, device or primary dressing).
· Peel the wax paper frame from the water barrier, exposing the adhesive surface.
· Position water barrier over the site. Gently remove the wax paper frame, smoothing the dressing down as you pull the frame away, pressing edges down firmly to adhere to skin.
· Firmly smooth water barrier from the center toward the edges.
· Repeat pressure on all sides of adhesive as a final securing step.
How to remove Shower Shield Cover?
· Gently grasp the edge and slowly peel the water barrier from the skin in the direction of hair growth or grasp one edge of the water barrier and gently pull it straight out to stretch and release adhesion, being careful not to disturb the primary dressing or device.
· Discard after use. Shower Shield water barriers are single use only.
· For external use only.
· Non-sterile: Do not use if package is open or damaged.
· Shower Shield is not designed to come in direct contact with wound itself. Make sure area to be covered is covered with appropriate sterile dressing before applying Shower Shield.
· Do not place over nose and/or mouth.
· Do not use over the eyes.
· Do not allow children to handle Shower Shield without adult supervision. It could present a choking or suffocation hazard if misused. An adult should always supervise a child who has a Shower Shield on his or her body.
· Single use only. Store at room temperature.
· Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem or if condition persists or gets worse.
· When properly applied, Shower Shield is impermeable to liquids from brief contact. Shower Shield is not designed for submersion.
· Every medical condition is different, please contact your health care provider prior to use.